Scorched3D is a game based heavily on the classic DOS game Scorched Earth “The Mother Of All Games”. Scorched3D adds amongst other new features a 3D island environment and LAN and internet play.
Scorched 3D is a turn-based artillery strategy game that places you in a 3D environment and gives you a mountain of weapons.
Your objective? Kill the other players and non player characters who are equally armed and armoured. Full camera movement, zoom, and rotation let you scope out the enemy and catch all thep action.
- 3D graphics and 3D sound.
- Online multiplayer mode as well as playing over a LAN.
- play with up to twenty-four other players at a time, mixing computer players with humans on both randomly generated landscapes and user-designed maps
- Highly moddable allowing you to create custom battle fields and cities just so you can blow them up.
- Comes bundled with Apocalypse mod, which offers enhanced levels of weaponry.
- Cross-platform – runs on Linux, Mac OS X, and Windows operating systems.
Developer: Gavin Camp, Cameron Smith, Paul Vint, David Beleznay, Joris Beugnies, Robert Hand
License: GNU GPL
Click the button to make a donation via flattr. Donations help us to maintain and improve the site. You can also donate via PayPal.
Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.