PokerTH is a free implementation of the Texas hold’em poker game which is mostly played in casinos and has a growing popularity worldwide.
Texas hold’em is easy to learn but needs a good strategy to win and a lot of luck. This software package helps you when practising or just playing for fun.
In Texas Hold’em, seven cards are available to each player. Players’ hands consist of two cards dealt face down to each player and five cards dealt face up to the board, which are shared by all players in the game.
Players can construct their final hands using any five cards from the two cards in their own hands and the five cards from the board.
A player wins by having the highest-ranking hand of five cards.
- Network Play.
- Internet Play.
- Up to 7 human players.
- Web-based spectator model.
- Option to allow/disallow spectators when creating a game
- Server logging.
- Online log file analysis tool.
- Players are able to rejoin internet games after being disconnected.
- Tooltip and rating system for other players- Linking connected players in the game info box to poker-heroes player data.
- Private messages in the lobby chat.
- Online player ranking: Registered players can join “ranking games” to improve their rank.
- Optional unlimited thinking time in network games.
- Cross-platform support – runs under Linux, Windows, Android.
- Internationalization support.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.