Music on Console (MOC) is a full-screen audio player designed to be powerful and easy to use.
To play audio, just select a file from a directory using a menu similar in appearance to Midnight Commander, and MOC will start playing all files in that directory starting from the chosen file. There is no need to create playlists like in other audio players.
MOC plays smoothly, regardless of system or I/O load because it uses the output buffer in a separate thread. It does not cause gaps between files, as the next file to be played is pre-cached while playing the current file.
- Supports file formats:
- Ogg Vorbis.
- Supports Icecast and Shoutcast.
- Colour themes.
- Searching the menu like M-s in Midnight Commander.
- Fully customizable key mapping.
- Optional character set conversion for file tages.
- OSS, JACK and ALSA output.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|