Jin is an open source, cross platform, graphical client for chess servers, written in Java.
It currently supports the Internet Chess Club (chessclub.com) and the Free Internet Chess Server (freechess.org), but is designed to be able to support any chess server. The software allows chatting, playing chess and supports most of the features of both servers.
Jin can be run as a regular standalone application, or as an applet in a web browser.
- Graphical chess board with many board patterns and piece sets to choose from. You can also create your own patterns and pieces.
- Chat/Command console with (customizable) color-coding for different types of chat/text.
- A seek graph, showing the currently sought games in a visual manner.
- Flexible game logger, which saves your finished games to your hard disk (not available in JinApplet).
- A scripter, which allows you to define automatic responses to certain events.
- A list of common actions, which can be quickly executed at the press of a button.
Developer: Alexander Maryanovsky
License: GNU GPL v2
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|