Gwenview is a fast and easy to use image viewer for KDE, featuring a folder tree window, a file list windows, with a thumbnail view.
Standard features include slideshow, full screen view, image thumbnails, drag’n’drop, image zoom, and full network transparency using the KIO framework. It also provides image and directory KParts components for use in applications such as Konqueror.
Additional features are provided by the KIPI image framework.
While it was available in KDE3, the KDE4 version has a simplified user interface, making it more suitable for quickly browsing through collection of images. Gwenviev is also useful for displaying images, and provides a fullscreen interface that can be used to display images as a slideshow.
Gwenview can load and save all image formats supported by KDE, but Gwenview can also browse GIMP files (*.xcf) thanks to the included QXCFI component developed by Lignum Computing.
- Directory browser.
- Image viewer.
- Plays video.
- Metadata comment editor.
- Thumbnail image view of current directory.
- Use of KIPI KDE Image Plugins Interface) plugins for manipulating images. KIPI is a common plugin structure used by KDE applications.
- Loads and saves all image formats supported by KDE.
- Browse GIMP files.
- Displays images with alpha channel.
- Accurately controls the way images are scanned.
- Rotates JPEG images with EXIF information in accordance with EXIF Orientation tag.
- Like Konqueror, it shows image properties and image specific meta-information.
- Supports basic file management actions such as copy, move, delete, and others
- Supports simple image manipulations: rotate, mirror, flip, and resize.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|