GetSimple is a free and open source XML based, standalone, fully independent and light Content Management System. GetSimple offers an extra simple way to manage a small-business website.
GetSimple saves all data to structured XML-files and therefore belongs to the group of flat-file web applications which can be run without a database.
GetSimple has a low memory footprint.
- Simple installation.
- Easy to learn user interface.
- XML based data storage. This avoids using an extra layer of connecting to a database such as MySQL.
- WYSIWYG text editor, CKEditor.
- ‘Undo’ protection and integrated backup system.
- Simple theme customization.
- Image and file management.
- Good documentation.
- Extendable with plugins, themes and languages.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|