GemRB is an implementation of BioWare’s Infinity Engine.
GemRB is a portable open-source implementation of Bioware’s Infinity Engine which was written to support pseudo-3D role playing games based on the Dungeons & Dragons ruleset. That includes game classics like the Baldur’s Gate series, Planescape: Torment, and the Icewind Dale series.
It means that you either need some of the original game’s data somewhere on your hard disk, or you can try to use the data from the Dragonlance Total Conversion project.
- Runs the Baldur’s Gate, Icewind Dale and Planescape: Torment games and their mods.
- Nearly feature-complete.
- Usability innovations, including touch based input.
- Extensible plugin-based design that removes many limitations of the Infinity Engine.
- Increased moddability over the originals.
- 10 player party support.
- SDL2 resolution-independent window scaling, environmental audio, IRIX compatibility
- Cross-platform: runs on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, *BSD, Android, iOS and more.
Support: Forums, GitHub code repository
Developer: Avenger, Balrog994, Brian Tanedo, Dark-Star, Divide, Edheldil, GuidoJ, Jaka Kranjc, Lotana, Thuy Nguyen, Willem Jan Palenstijn
License: GNU GPL v2
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|