ossimPlanet is an accurate 3D global geo-spatial viewer that is built on top of the OSSIM, OpenSceneGraph, and Qt open source software libraries.
This application provides native geo-spatial access to a wide range of commercial and government data formats with high performance visualization and collaboration capabilities. ossimPlanet is one of the key components of the Large Data Joint Capabilities and Technology Development (JCTD) project.
ossimPlanet is inspired by the BlueMarbleViewer.
- Remote collaboration.
- Double precision 3D accuracy.
- Elevation data sets.
- Native file access.
- OGC WMS interfaces.
- Access data directly from the Nasa WorldWind server.
- KML/KMZ support.
- Staging of local geospatial files.
- Native file access to a wide variety of geospatial data sets – including raster, vector, and elevation formats.
- Geo-spatially tagged files can be be accurately placed over geoids and elevation surfaces that have been loaded into the system.
- Path recording.
- Precision terrain correction and orthorectification.
- Advanced mosaicking, compositing, and fusion.
- Histogram matching and tonal balancing.
- Rigorous sensor modeling.
- Parameter based image chains.
- Supports over 4,000 different datums and projections.
- GDAL/OGR Integration.
- Multi-platform support.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.