Gnome Music Player Client (GMPC) is a front end for the Music Player Daemon (MPD). It began life as traymp, a simple tray notification client and has grown into much more.
It’s focused on being fast and easy to use, while making optimal use of all the functions in MPD.
GMPC is optimised to work on low end machines and over slow networks.
- File Browser.
- Browser based on ID3 information.
- Current playlist viewer with search.
- ID3 Information.
- Metadata support, it can show artist image, album art, lyrics, etc.
- Profile support.
- Support for loading/saving playlists.
- Support for showing and setting ‘raw image data’.
- Guitar tabs.
- Integrated favourites support.
- Plugin support:
- Amazon Provider.
- Directory Provider.
- Xosd On Screen Display.
- Q On Screen Display.
- Magnatune Browser.
- Stop Button.
- Server Statistics.
- Lyrics Provider.
- Last.FM artist art provider.
License: GNU GPL v2
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|