Vendetta Online is a 3D space combat Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game (MMORPG).
It enables thousands of players to interact as the pilots of spaceships in a vast universe. Users may build their characters in any direction they desire, becoming rich captains of industry, military heroes, or outlaws.
A fast-paced, realtime “twitch” style combat model gives intense action, coupled with the backdrop of RPG gameplay in a massive online galaxy. Three major player factions form a delicate balance of power, with several NPC sub-factions creating situations of economic struggle, political intrigue and conflict.
The completely persistent universe and detailed storyline add to the depth of immersion, resulting in a unique online experience.
- Twitch-based combat engine, allowing players to fight using their own skill, instead of the statistics of their characters.
- Free, large-scale, extremely fast Player vs Player, with the possibility to attack anyone anywhere, capital ship combat, large-scale player wars, and large amounts of variation due to the large selections of ships and weapon loadouts.
- Class-less and level-less character advancement system.
- Physics engine, handling player collision and explosion effects.
- The direct involvement of players in the game, through different possibilities, such as player-run events, and the Player Contribution Corps, a group of players that aid the developers by creating their own mission for the game.
- Dynamic content, allowing players to affect gaming world through permanent resolution of storylines, cargo capturing efforts that affect weapon availability, and battling NPC factions that expand and seize territory.
- Dynamic economy, changing based on supply and demand, as well as direct player actions, such as blockades and pirating.
- Dynamic mission system, in where missions often contain randomized elements, such as different NPCs, rewards or star systems.
- lternative and infinite advancement system that uses player-achieved licenses and badges of accomplishment to determine what equipment will be available for sale and what missions will be offered to players.
- Faction system, with different equipment and missions available based on the character’s individual standing with different factions.
- Events run by the developers and the guides.
- Challenging A.I., both in combat situations, where computer-controlled ships act randomly and sometimes humanly, and in larger contexts, where NPC factions expand and seize territory of their own.
- Independent Non Player Characters that live their own lives as traders, pirates, military or members of different factions.
- Different possible occupations and player activities, including pirating, bounty hunting, mining, missions, trading, and participating in the war between the different factions.
- High standards of “relative” realism (as realistic as a space simulation can get), where lawbreaking and offending activities are resolved through in-game mechanisms, instead of game engine limitations and real-world rules.
- An extensive universe, with an extensive backstory.
- Integrated, multiplatform voice chat.
Developer: Guild Software, Inc
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series.|
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Supplied with our legendary ratings charts.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software.|
|Alternatives to Google's Products and Services examines your options to migrate from the Google ecosystem with open source Linux alternatives.|
|Essential Linux system tools looks at small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers such as the ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy opens up to the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun!|
|Best Free Android Apps. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to the free programming books series|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA|