PivotX is a content management system designed for blogging. The content can be stored in either flat files or a database, whereas many other content management systems only give the user one of these options.
PivotX is partly built with products like jQuery, Smarty, TinyMCE, PHP and MySQL.
Its powerful core and flexible template system make it easy for developers to adjust and extend.
- Easy blogging:
- Built-in WYSIWYG editor.
- Effortlessly add images, audo files and YouTube videos.
- Easy handling of images and text files.
- Built-in Picnik extension.
- Template engine called Smarty with no need to learn PHP.
- Multiple weblogs with one installation:
- Each weblog is fully configurable.
- Multiple authors.
- Choose a flat files database or a MySQL database.
- Dynamic updating – no rebuilding of pages.
- Flexible extension framework.
- Spam protection.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.