Calmly Writer is billed as the ultimate distraction-free writing tool. It has been designed to help you focus on writing. As you start typing, all the distracting options disappear from the interface.
Calmly Writer also includes a “focus mode” option, which highlights only the paragraph you are editing at the time. This lets an author focus solely on the current text fragment, greying out the rest of the work into background.
Calmly Writer is available to use online (for free), and as a paid Chrome desktop app.
- Well designed spartan interface.
- Simple to use.
- Full-screen mode.
- Runs offline.
- Focus-mode, which highlights only the paragraph you are editing at the time
- Automatically adapts both the layout and the size of images and font with the aim to provide an optimal viewing experience for each context.
- Print (and export to PDF using a PDF generator).
- Dark mode (white on black).
- Keyboard shortcuts.
- Import/Export: Calmly Writer can open/save .cml (essentially HTML files), HTML and Markdown.
- Embed or link images.
- Powerful formatting options – quick markdown syntax to format headers, italics, bolds and bullets.
- Spell check (via the browser).
- Word and character counter with estimated reading time.
Developer: Yusef Hassan
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|