GNOME LaTeX (formerly LaTeXila) is an integrated LaTeX environment for the GNOME desktop. It is free/libre software.
GNOME LaTeX has many useful features needed to edit TeX/LaTeX source code.
It integrates the various tools required for processing LaTeX documents. It provides menus, buttons and templates to assist with the edition and the compilation of documents.
- Build tools: customizable buttons to compile, convert and view a document in one click. Latexmk is used by default, but the low-level commands such as pdflatex, dvipdf and bibtex can also be used.
- Auto-completion of LaTeX commands.
- Document structure: a list of chapters, sections, figures, etc. to easily navigate in a document.
- Symbol tables (Greek letters, arrows, etc).
- Templates for creating a new document: there are a few default templates, and you can create personal templates.
- Project management.
- Spell checking.
- Forward and backward search: switch between the .tex and the PDF.
- Some menus and toolbars with the principal LaTeX commands.
- File browser integrated.
- All common things found in a text editor…
- Internationalization support.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|