Texmaker is an open source LaTeX editor that integrates many tools into a single application.
It has an interface which is reminiscent of Kile.
The purpose of this software is to enable the user to focus on the content of a document, instead of grappling with writing compliant LaTeX code.
- Unicode editor to write LaTeX source files (syntax highlighting, code completion, code folding, undo-redo, search-replace, spell checker, bi-directional support…).
- Clean and modern interface.
- Spell checker.
- Principal LaTex tags can be inserted directly with the “LaTeX” and “Math” menus
- 370 mathematical symbols can be inserted in just one click.
- Wizards to generate code (‘Quick document’, ‘Quick letter’, tabular, tabbing and array environments).
- LaTeX-related programs can be launched via the “Tools” menu.
- Standard Bibtex entry types can be inserted in the “.bib” file with the “Bibliography” menu.
- “Structure view” of the document for easier navigation of a document.
- See information about processes and the logfile after a LaTeX compilation.
- “Next Latex Error” and “Previous Latex Error” commands let you reach the LaTeX errors detected in the log file.
- Asymptote support.
- “Forward/Inverse search” support with DVI viewer.
- Integrated LaTeX to html conversion tool.
- Extensive LaTeX documentation.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|