TexMaths is an addon designed to provide LaTeX support into LibreOffice. LaTeX equations can be inserted as images (SVG or PNG formats) and the LaTeX code is saved into the image attribute for further editing.
To insert your first equation into a document, type a LaTex math instruction in the text field of the TexMaths Equations window and then click on the LaTeX button.
TexMaths is based on OOoLatex.
- TexMaths toolbar – adds three or four icons to the application’s toolbar. In Writer, it adds TexMaths equations (image shown below), TexMaths Numbered Equations, TexMaths SysConfig, and TexMaths Recompile.
- Generate three types of LaTeX equations:
- Display equations.
- Inline display equations.
- LaTeX equations.
- Generate and insert two kinds of images in a LibreOffice document. The default image format is the SVG vector format. It allows LaTeX equations to be resized without precision loss and does not need any special math font to be installed in LibreOffice, because math symbols are simply drawn using curves. The other supported image format is PNG, a raster image format.
- Toggle the equation image transparency.
- Handles different character sizes for your equations. To change the font size, use the selector located within the font size frame.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|