Gens is a Sega Mega Drive, MegaCD and 32X emulator.
It is a feature rich emulator which is very stable, and has
good compatibility. More than 90% of games work flawlessly with Gens.
The software emulates Genesis, Sega CD (iso/mp3, not real CD)
and 32X roms.
The emulator sports an attractive GTK+2 integrated interface.
There are various forks of Gens available. One of the notable
ones is Gens/GS,
by GerbilSoft. The main goal of Gens/GS is to clean up the source code
and combine features from various forks of Gens.
| Gens 2.15.5
Free to download
Stephane Dallongeville, Stephane Akhoun (Linux port)
gcc >= 2.95
- OpenGL support
- Joypad support
- Support for Game Genie cheats
- Support for Netplay using the Kaillera client
- Support for Sega CD and Sega 32X games if provided with the
respective BIOS images, which are not included with the emulator
- Saving console state (without relying on in-game save
- Recording what buttons are pressed and slowing the gameplay
down so it is used in making of tool-assisted
- SRAM support
- BRAM support
- Numerous sound/video enhancements:
- Vertical Synchronization to disable tearing on
fast-moving games such as Sonic
- Supports 2xSaI (Kreed) graphics filtering to make older
games appear crisper than on the original console
- Multiple sound bitrates (11025, 22050 and 44100),
stereophonic sound capability, YM2612 high sound quality, and WAV and
GYM sound dumps
- Screen save capability and brightness/contrast adjust
to Video Console Emulators Home Page | Return
to Mega Drive Emulators Home Page
Last Updated Sunday, September 01 2013 @ 08:41 AM EDT