The developers of Tomahawk bill their application as a music player that fundamentally changes the way music is consumed and shared. This application hooks you up with your friends — connect with your Jabber /Google Talk / Twitter friends and share collections and playlists.
Tomahawk makes use of ‘resolvers’ – small scripts that let users use a variety of services, such as hooking up your Google / Jabber account so that you can play music from other people’s libraries.
This application is written in Qt.
- Top Loved Tracks.
- Charts – shows top music charts from iTunes, WeAreHunted, Ex.fm, Billboard, and more.
- New Releases.
- Loved Tracks – instantly add songs to your Loved Tracks.
- Playlists .
- Smart Playlists using the Echo Nest Service, Tomahawk can automatically create playlists from an artist name, genre, key, adjective, tempo, and more.
- Import XSPF (XML Shareable Playlist Format).
- Export playlists.
- Supports the following services:
- Local network.
- YouTube – search YouTube for audio content.
- Jabber – log on to your Jabber/XMPP account to connect to your friends.
- Ex.fm – searches this service for tracks.
- Last.fm scrobbling.
- Ampache – connect to an Ampache server and resolves tracks.
- Subsonic – searches a Subsonic service for music to play.
- Official.fm – search this service for tracks.
- 4Shared – looks for tracks to play from this service.
- Jamendo – search this free music database.
- Dilandau – uses this mp3 search engine to find tracks.
- Grooveshark – searches Grooveshark for playable tracks (requires premium account).
- Spotify – play your music from and sync your playlists with Spotify (requires premium account).
- Google – connect to Google Talk to find your friends.
- Twitter – connect to your Twitter followers.
- Add custom radio stations.
- Support for SOCKS proxy.
- Remote Peer Connection Methods.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|