TeXstudio is a fully featured open source LaTeX editor. The developers’ goal is to make writing LaTeX documents as easy and comfortable as possible.
Some of the features of TeXstudio include an integrated PDF viewer with (almost) word-level synchronization, live inline preview, advanced syntax-highlighting, live checking of references, citations, latex commands, spelling and grammar.
TeXstudio was forked from Texmaker in 2009.
- Block cursors.
- Auto completion.
- Customizable menus, toolbars and shortcuts.
- Scripting support.
- Direct access to many LaTeX tags and more than 1000 mathematical symbols.
- Link overlay.
- Context menus.
- Jump to error locations.
- Assistants for images, tables, formulas, …
- Drag & drop support for images.
- Template system.
- Structure view.
- Code folding.
- Advanced syntax highlighting.
- Interactive spellchecker.
- Interactive grammar checker.
- Interactive reference checker.
- Clear display of LaTeX errors and warnings (in editor and as list).
- Build system:
- Built-in support for various LaTeX compilers, index, bibliography and glossary tools, Latexmk, and many more.
- Automatic detection of the need for multiple LaTeX runs.
- Run any program you like.
- Completely customizable for the creation of the complete document.
- Integrated PDF viewer with (almost) word-level syncing.
- Live-updating inline preview for formulas and code segments.
- Tooltip preview for included images.
- Internationalization support.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|