Newsbeuter is an innovative RSS feed reader for the text console.
It supports OPML import/exports, HTML rendering, podcast (podbeuter), offline reading, searching and storing articles to the filesystem, and many more features.
Its user interface is coherent, easy to use, and might look common to users of mutt and slrn.
Newsbeuter caches the article that it downloads. This means that when you start newsbeuter again and reload a feed, the old articles can still be read even if they aren’t in the current RSS feeds anymore.
The name Newsbeuter is a pun on the German word “Wildbeuter”, which means “hunter-gatherer”.
- Subscribe to RSS 0.9x, 1.0, 2.0 and Atom feeds.
- Podcast support.
- Configure keyboard shortcuts.
- Search through all downloaded articles.
- Categorize and query subscriptions with a flexible tag system.
- Integrate any data source through a flexible filter and plugin system.
- Automatically remove unwanted articles through a “killfile”.
- Define “meta feeds” using a powerful query language.
- Synchronize newsbeuter with a bloglines.com account.
- Import and exporting your subscriptions with the widely used OPML format.
- Freely define newsbeuter’s look’n’feel through free color configurability and format strings.
- Colour customization.
- Handles multiple character sets and languages.
- Use external URL viewer.
- Tiny Tiny RSS support.
- Internationalization support.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|