Money Manager Ex (MMEX) is a cross-platform, easy-to-use personal finance software. It primarily helps organize one’s finances and keeps track of where, when and how the money goes. It is also a tool to get a bird’s eye view of your financial worth.
Think of MMEX as a computer checkbook which enables you to balance your accounts, organize, manage and generate reports for your finances.
MMEX includes all the basic features that the vast majority of users would want to see in a personal finance application. The design goals are to concentrate on simplicity and user-friendliness – something one can use on a daily basis.
The software models the real financial world through concepts of transactions. A transaction is an financial event where money/services are exchanged. Such transactions could be making a payment towards a loan, buying a car, eating out at a restaurant and so on.
- Intuitive, simple, fast, and clean.
- AES Encryption Support.
- Maintain checking, credit card, savings, stock investment accounts.
- Maintain and Track Fixed Assets with depreciation.
- Reminders for recurring Bills and Deposits.
- Simple one click reporting.
- Cash Flow Forecasting.
- Graphs, Piecharts.
- Does not require an install. Can run from a USB key.
- International language support (Available in 24 languages).
- Import data from any CSV format, QIF [ Microsoft Money ].
- Printing, Exporting to HTML, CSV.
- Non-Proprietary SQLite Database.
- Ability to handle multiple currency across accounts.
- Internationalization of currency formatting.
- Unicode support for all data storage.
- Track closed Accounts.
- Setup accounts as favorite accounts.
- Track your Bills and Deposits- Create bills & deposits to be reminded of your upcoming bills and deposits so you never miss a payment or deposit.
- Account Summary Views and Navigation- An easy to use tree view navigator to navigate across accounts and summarized views of your accounts, upcoming bills & deposits and income vs. expenses.
- Budgeting- Setup budgets for a calendar year and see how you are doing over time.
- Importing, Exporting and Printing- Ability to import, export and print your account information.
Support: Wiki, GitHub Code Repository
Developer: Nikolay Akimov, Stefano Giorgio, Lisheng Guan, and many others
License: GNU General Public License v2
MMEX is mainly written in C++. Learn C++ with our recommended free books and free tutorials.
Return to Personal Finance Tools Home Page
|The largest compilation of the best free and open source software in the universe. Each article is supplied with a legendary ratings chart helping you to make informed decisions.|
|Hundreds of in-depth reviews offering our unbiased and expert opinion on software. We offer helpful and impartial information.|
|Replace proprietary software with open source alternatives: Google, Microsoft, Apple, Adobe, IBM, Autodesk, Oracle, Atlassian, Corel, Cisco, Intuit, and SAS.|
|Machine Learning explores practical applications of machine learning and deep learning from a Linux perspective. This is a new series.|
|New to Linux? Read our Linux for Starters series. We start right at the basics and teach you everything you need to know to get started with Linux.|
|Essential Linux system tools focuses on small, indispensable utilities, useful for system administrators as well as regular users.|
|Linux utilities to maximise your productivity. Small, indispensable tools, useful for anyone running a Linux machine.|
|Surveys popular streaming services from a Linux perspective: Amazon Music Unlimited, Myuzi, Spotify, Deezer, Tidal.|
|Saving Money with Linux looks at how you can reduce your energy bills running Linux.|
|Home computers became commonplace in the 1980s. Emulate home computers including the Commodore 64, Amiga, Atari ST, ZX81, Amstrad CPC, and ZX Spectrum.|
|Now and Then examines how promising open source software fared over the years. It can be a bumpy ride.|
|Linux at Home looks at a range of home activities where Linux can play its part, making the most of our time at home, keeping active and engaged.|
|Linux Candy reveals the lighter side of Linux. Have some fun and escape from the daily drudgery.|
|Getting Started with Docker helps you master Docker, a set of platform as a service products that delivers software in packages called containers.|
|Best Free Android Apps. We showcase free Android apps that are definitely worth downloading. There's a strict eligibility criteria for inclusion in this series.|
|These best free books accelerate your learning of every programming language. Learn a new language today!|
|These free tutorials offer the perfect tonic to our free programming books series.|
|Linux Around The World showcases usergroups that are relevant to Linux enthusiasts.|
|Stars and Stripes is an occasional series looking at the impact of Linux in the USA.|