luckyBackup is an application that backs-up and/or synchronizes any directories with the power of rsync.
This software is simple to use, fast (it transfers only changes made and not all data), safe (keeps your data safe by checking all declared directories before proceeding in any data manipulation ), reliable and fully customizable.
The software is released under an open source license.
- Backup – Create a “clone” of your data at another location in no time.
- Safety. For example, luckyBackup first checks whether the directories you have declared exist or if they are empty and warns you accordingly.
- Simple / advanced option.
- Exclude/only include options.
- Allows custom rsync options.
- Remote connections.
- Restore and dry-run operations.
- Command line mode.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.
The software collection forms part of our series of informative articles for Linux enthusiasts. There's tons of in-depth reviews, alternatives to Google, fun things to try, hardware, free programming books and tutorials, and much more.