Childsplay is a suite of educational games for young children.
It uses the SDL-libraries to make it more games-like than, for instance, gcompris. The aim is to be educational and at the same time be fun to play.
Childsplay offers tasks and games designed for the youngest students. Most of them are oriented for learning either maths or a language.
It has a plugin system, so childsplay is basically a framework where you put in as many game modules as you like. Childsplay comes with a few standard games.
There are games that teach language, such as Pacman, where by eating letters in the correct order, we make a proper word.
- Memory – the classic game of memory.
- Letters – helps children to learn their letters with some very basic spelling.
- Numbers – put the correct operator between two numbers.
- SoundNpic – a toy for young children with pictures and sounds.
- Packid – a pacman game, try to catch the letters.
- Soundmemory – the classic memory game, with sounds.
- Fallingletters – type them before they reach the ground.
- Findsound – listen to a sound and find the image to where it belongs.
- Findsound2 – same as findsound, but with numbers and letters.
- Pong – the classic game.
- Billiard – try to pot the balls.
- MultiTables – learn the multiplication tables.
- Puzzle – recreate the image.
- LetterFlashcard – learn the alphabet by listening to words and initials.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|