Syntext Serna Free XML editor is an easy-to-use open source What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) XML editor for those who wish to adopt the XML technology.
This application combines the unique WYSIWYG approach with intuitive behaviour to help writers with virtually no XML experience to freely author XML documents.
Composite XML documents are visualized using XSLT & XSL-FO stylesheets as a transparent integrated whole. This is not only visually convenient but also dramatically accelerates the authoring process.
Syntext Serna offers multi-channel publishing, including out-of-the-box publishing to HTML and external publishing to PDF with FOP, XEP, or Antenna House XSL Formatter.
- Simple and user-friendly interface localized into several languages, which looks much like a conventional word processor.
- Built-in support for all popular XML document types, such as DITA, Docbook, XHTML, TEI P4, NITF, W3C Schema, and others.
- Renders XML documents using XSLT/XSL-FO stylesheets to show them close to the final output.
- On-the-fly XML validation with XML Schema allows assisted XML editing and guarantees the quality and consistency of your XML documents.
- Entity and XInclude in-place editing is transparent and allows authors to instantly see the changes they make to the reused content.
- Drag-and-drop editing lets you quickly and easily change the order of any XML document portions in ContentMap, Editing Window, or between them, as well as between several opened XML documents. Instant XML validation always keeps your document consistent and suggests allowed positions to drop content.
- Fully supports UNICODE and has multilingual spell checking functionality based on Aspell library, which supports approximately 30 languages.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|