Bangarang is an open source multimedia player with a lightweight interface for KDE. The name comes from the Jamaican word for noisy, chaos or disorder.
This application integrates with the Nepomuk Social Semantic Desktop, supports command line arguments, can play CDs and DVDs and audio streams. It also has basic keyboard shortcuts and allows users to manually manage playlists.
Bangarang uses the TMDb API.
- Simple interface.
- Play music, movies, TV shows, audio/video feeds, audio streams, audio/video clips, and CDs/DVDs.
- Recently Played, Highest Rated and Frequently Played lists.
- Droplists with autocompletion when editing Artist, Albums, Genre, Actors, etc. in Info View.
- Plasma desktop widgets with MPRIS support.
- Integration with KDE’s Nepomuk semantic desktop.
- ownCloud support.
- Drag drop of folders on playlist recursively adds media files.
|Read our complete collection of recommended free and open source software. The collection covers all categories of software.|