is a KDE
application that provides users with faster and easier access to their
applications, bookmarks, and more. It is plugin-based and can
launch anything it has a plugin for.
Its plugin-driven appearance is completely customizable.
Katapult was inspired by Quicksilver for Mac OS X.
is launched simply by pressing Alt-Space. This pops up the
Katapult launcher, allowing the user to type in the name of the
application wanted to launch.
If you prefer the GNOME
desktop environment, you may wish to try out Gnome
- All applications listed in KMenu
- Entire Amarok playlist
- All of you bookmarks (Automatic Mozilla import, or manual
import of file)
- Use Katapult as a calculator
- Use Katapult to see if you are spelling a word correctly
- Easy access to all of your documents in the home directory
to Productivity Tools Home Page | Return
to Application Launchers Home Page
Katapult also features in our 'Linux
Equivalents to Windows Software' section. The category
selector below allows you to filter the different types of software
included in that separate article.
Last Updated Monday, April 04 2011 @ 03:33 PM EDT