Birdie is an open source lighweight Twitter client, with a
first release in March 2013.
Birdie is fast, easy to use and works great. It provides all
the basic Twitter features and allows you to enjoy Twitter right on
your desktop. Birdie makes use of native technologies like Gtk and GLib
to provide a clean and simple interface, while integrating seamlessly
with the user's desktop environment.
Birdie 2.0 is coming, and it is billed to be better than ever.
It is a
complete rewrite of the Birdie codebase.
| Birdie 1.1
Free to download
GNU GPL v3
Birdie Development Team
Depends on distribution
- Visually appealing with a clean interface
- Compose and post new tweets
- Search function
- Autocompletion for users/hashtags
- Direct messages
- Support for lists
- View public conversations
- Easy to view the entire threaded conversation
- Option to Delete Tweets
- Media previews
- Multi-account support
- Light on system resources
to Up-and-Coming Twitter Clients Home Page
Last Updated Sunday, March 02 2014 @ 02:44 PM EST