Armory is an advanced open source program for managing
multiple bitcoin wallets with a high level of security available. The
software uses wallet encryption, can print permanent paper backups of
your wallets, and store your bitcoins on an offline computer for
maximum security from online threats.
Armory was designed from the ground up to focus first on
maximizing security, and then provide a well thought-out interface to
make using this security as simple as possible.
Armory is used by some of the most heavily-invested,
and most paranoid Bitcoin enthusiasts for maximum privacy and
security. The software is currently in a beta stage of development.
| Armory 0.90
Free to download
GNU Affero GPL v3
Armory Technologies, Inc.
Bitcon-Qt (or bitcoind)
- Offline wallets (also known as, "cold storage")
- Multi-wallet interface - manage as many wallets as you want
simultaneously. Armory was designed from the start for multi-wallet
operations without limit on number
- Deterministic wallets with paper-backup print dialog
- Watching-only wallets - fork a "watching-only"
wallet that contains no private-key data, but can still be used
generate addresses and confirm payments
- Wallet encryption with time- and memory-bound key
derivation: AES256 in-place key encryption. Encryption key is
generated via script-based algorithm to eliminate GPU-acceleration in
brute-force passphrase guessing
- Import/Sweep Addresses - import private keys into your
(deterministic) wallet. Sweeping is possible on any existing
wallet-address, or as an alternative to importing an untrusted private
key. Supports private keys in hex, base58, and mini-private-key format
used on Casascius physical bitcoins
- Corruption-resistant wallet files with automatic
detection and correction of HDD byte errors - wallet-update logic
guarantees all atomic file operations
- Easy offline wallet operations
- Usermode options - Choose between "Standard", "Advanced"
and "Developer", to scale the level of information flow according to
your preferences. "Standard" user mode has a reduced set of
functionality and only presents information necessary for basic wallet
management and transactions
- Message signing with your Bitcoin addresses
- Seamless integration for signing transactions completely
- Perform your own elliptic curve calculations
using secp256k1 elliptic curve
- Graphical keyboard to protect against keyloggers
to Bitcoin Clients Home Page
Last Updated Monday, February 17 2014 @ 03:38 AM EST