MediaTomb is an open source UPnP MediaServer with an
web user interface. This application allows users to stream digital
media through a home network and listen to/watch it on a variety of
UPnP compatible devices.
MediaTomb implements the UPnP MediaServer V 1.0 specification.
MediaTomb should work with any UPnP compliant MediaRenderer.
- Browse and playback your media via UPnP
- Metadata extraction from mp3, ogg, flac, jpeg, etc.
- Exif thumbnail support
- User defined server layout based on extracted metadata
(scriptable virtual containers)
- Automatic directory rescans
- Highly flexible media format transcoding via plugins /
- Sophisticated web user interface with a tree view of the
the file system, allowing to add/remove/edit/browse your media
support for external URLs (create links to internet content and serve
them via UPnP to your renderer)
- Support for ContentDirectoryService container
- Active Items (experimental feature), allows execution of
server side scripts upon HTTP GET requests to certain items
- Watch YouTube videos on your UPnP playerdevice
- Highly flexible configuration, allowing you to control the
behavior of various features of the server
- Supports last fm scrobbing using lastfmlib
- On the fly video thumbnail generation with
- Support for external URLs
- Multi-platform support
- Runs on x86, Alpha, ARM, MIPS, Sparc
to UPnP Servers Home Page
Last Updated Sunday, June 01 2014 @ 03:02 AM EDT