AutoKey is an open source desktop automation utility. It
allows the automation of virtually any task by responding to typed
abbreviations and hotkeys.
AutoKey offers a full-featured graphical user interface that
makes it accessible for novices, as well as a scripting interface
offering the full flexibility and power of the Python language. There
are versions for GTK+ and Qt.
When a trigger is detected by Autokey, one of three things can
happen; a script is activated, text is inserted at the cursor position
or a pop-up menu is displayed allowing a script or phrase to be
activated by selecting it.
AutoKey scripts can literally do almost anything
that can be coded as a Python program. Python scripts are user created
and can be shared between users. AutoKey includes a range of sample
AutoKey features a subset of the capabilities of the popular
Windows-based AutoHotkey, but it is not intended as a full replacement.
| Autokey 0.90.4
Free to download
GNU GPL v3
- Python scripting engine allows you to automate virtually
any task that can be accomplished via the keyboard and/or mouse
- Built-in code editor with autocomplete and calltips
- Scripts are plain Python files that can be edited in any
- Similarly, phrases are stored as plain text files
- Create collections of phrases/scripts in folders, and
assign a hotkey or abbreviation to the folder to display a popup menu
- Regular expressions can be used to filter windows by their
title or class, to exclude hotkeys/abbreviations from triggering in
- Scripts, phrases and folders can be attached to the
notification icon menu, allowing you to select them without assigning a
hotkey or abbreviation
to Utilities to Boost Productivity Home Page
Last Updated Sunday, August 17 2014 @ 03:49 AM EDT