Wakeup is an open source fully customizable and extensible
talking alarm clock.
This package has a complete graphical frontend with which a
user can set an alarm to wake the computer - from poweroff if supported
by the BIOS - and read a user-defined text.
This text can grab relevant information
(date, time, weather, Evolution schedule and tasks, news from an rss
feed, number of new email messages, etc.) and speak that as well, or
play music, all as defined by the user. More capabilities can be added
to the alarm via a complete and simple plugin system.
When waking up the computer, this utility is set to run from
cron, and the alarm will run in this case even if no user is logged in.
must log in or be logged in to stop the alarm.
| Wakeup 1.3
Free to download
GNU GPL v3
- Set alarm time
- Configurable volume control
- Recurring timing
- Uses the cron format
- Evolution Data - read Evolution schedule and tasks
- News - read news from an RSS feed
- Date and Time - give the date and time
- MP3 player - play a song on the computer
- Last.fm - Play music from Last.fm
- Weather - obtain the weather for your location
- Gmail counter - count the number of new emails on a Gmail
- Commands - run an arbitrary command
- Hebrew Calendar - obtain date and events from the Hebrew
- Use other speech tools
- Multiple alarms
to Utilities to Boost Productivity Home Page | Return
to Clocks Home Page
Last Updated Saturday, August 31 2013 @ 10:58 AM EDT