VX ConnectBot is a simple, powerful open source secure shell
client for Android devices. It can manage several SSH sessions, create
secure tunnels, and copy/paste between other apps. You can access the
shell of a remote machine and transfer files between it and the phone.
It also supports local access of the Android shell and remote Telnet
This software is
based on ConnectBot, Trilead SSH2 client and JTA Telnet/SSH client.
When multiple sessions are open, users can 'pan' between them
by swiping a finger left-to-right or right-to-left over the screen.
Create direct shortcuts with a long-press.
It is released under the Apache License, Version 2.0.
VX ConnectBot aims to provide customizations for smartphones
with a physical keyboard.
- Based on ConnectBot version 1.7.1
- Background file transfer (SCP protocol)
- Save console screenshots (in PNG format)
- Character picker dialog (on-screen button and hardware SYM
- Single line input (on-screen button)
- Long press menu (toggle full screen mode, change font size)
- Bottom-line on-screen buttons with tap-and-hold support
- New key mappings (hardware keyboard)
- ssh-agent (by Roberto Tyley)
- x11 forwarding (useful with Android
- Save SSH keys as files
- Keyboard shortcuts when a hardware keyboard is present
VX ConnectBot is a top-notch SSH client, it
builds on ConnectBot and offers some particularly useful enhancements.
to SSH Clients Home Page
Last Updated Sunday, April 26 2015 @ 05:54 AM EDT