GetSimple is a free and open source XML based, standalone,
fully independent and light Content Management System. GetSimple offers
an extra simple way to manage a small-business website.
GetSimple saves all data to structured XML-files and therefore
belongs to the group of flat-file web applications which can be run
without a database.
GetSimple has a low memory footprint.
| GetSimple CMS 3.3.5
Free to download
GNU GPL v3
Chris Cagle and contributors
PHP 5.2 or higher
- Simple installation
- Easy to learn user interface
- XML based data storage. This avoids using an
extra layer of connecting to a database such as MySQL
- WYSIWYG text editor, CKEditor
- 'Undo' protection and integrated backup system
- Simple theme customization
- Image and file management
- Good documentation
- Extendable with plugins, themes and languages
to Lightweight Alternatives to WordPress
Last Updated Sunday, June 07 2015 @ 02:32 PM EDT