Cube MetalHeart 2
Cube MetalHeart is an open source, fast paced, multi-player
shooter based on the Cube 2 Engine.
It is an extended version of Sauerbraten, like a standalone
mod. Featuring new graphics, textures, levels, sounds, models,
soundtrack and backward compatibility to Sauerbraten maps and servers.
Whilst the graphics are not spectacular, Cube MetalHeart 2
stands out from the crowd with its exceptional playability.
- Extremely playable
- 3 new game modes dedicated for advanced FPS players
- 24 maps in different themes all optimized for Tesseract
- D'n'B and Dubstep soundtrack by UK's xKore
- Many multiplayer gameplay modes, most in teamplay variants
as well: deathmatch, instagib, efficiency, tactics, capture
(domination/battlefield style), CTF (capture the flag), coop edit (!).
- Masterserver & ingame server browser.
- Lag-free gameplay experience.
- Two singleplayer modes: DMSP (fight a monster invasion on
any DM map), classic SP (progression driven SP like other
- 6 directional heightfield in octree world structure
allowing for instant easy in-game geometry editing (even in
multiplayer, coop edit)
- Rendering engine optimized for high geometry throughput,
supporting hardware occlusion culling and software precomputed
conservative PVS with occluder fusion
- Lightmap based lighting with accurate shadows from
everything including mapmodels, smooth lighting for faceted geometry,
and fast compiles. Soft shadowmap based shadows for dynamic entities
- Pixel and vertex shader support, each model and world
texture can have its own shader assigned. Supports normal and parallax
mapping, specular and dynamic lighting with bloom and glow,
environment-mapped and planar reflections/refractions, and post-process
- Robust physics written specifically for this world
- Loading of md2/md3/md5/obj/smd/iqm models for skeletal and
vertex animated characters, weapons, items, and world objects. Supports
animation blending, procedural pitch animation, and ragdoll physics for
- Network library designed for high speed games,
client/server network system
- Small but complete configuration/scripting language
- Simple stereo positional sound system
- Particle engine, supporting text particles, volumetric
explosions, soft particles, and decals
- 3D menu/gui system, for in-world representation of choices
to Peachy Games Home Page
Last Updated Wednesday, April 22 2015 @ 01:26 PM EDT