GOCR is an optical character recognition program which
is released under the GNU General Public License. It reads images in
many formats and outputs a text file.
A simple graphical frontend written in Tcl/Tk and some
sample files are provided.
Gocr is also able to recognize and translate barcodes.
- Functions well with different frontends, or can be used as
a standalone command-line tool
- Handles single-column sans-serif fonts of 20–60 pixels in
- Image formats supported: PNM, PBM, PGM, PPM, PCX, and TGA
- With the optional NetPBM installed, GOCR can support: PNG,
JPG, TIFF, GIF and BMP
- Using gzip and bzip2 GOCR handles: pnm.gz, pnm.bz2
- No requirement to train the program, or store large font
OCR Tools Home Page
Last Updated Tuesday, September 17 2013 @ 02:56 PM EDT