scripting computer programming language. It came to popular attention
as a simple client-side scripting tool, interacting with the user using
forms and controlling the web browser, but over the years it is now
considered to be a flexible programming language.
structured programming syntax from C, uses prototypes instead of
classes for inheritance, and copies many names and naming conventions
from Java. It also borrows design principles from Scheme and Self.
The focus of this article is to select the finest
language. The books featured here help programmers of all levels take
available to download for free.
To cater for all tastes, we have chosen a good range of books.
All of the texts here come with our strongest recommendation. So get
reading (and downloading).
||HTML, HTML (zipped), HTML (single page)
- Functions - an introduction to code that a
program can go through whenever it wants. They can play the role of
pure functions, algorithms, indirections, abstractions, decisions,
modules, continuations, data structures, and more
- Data structures: Objects and Arrays - at the same
time as solving a few simple problems, this chapter discusses arrays
and objects, and examines some related techniques
- Error Handling
- Functional Programming - produces
abstraction through clever ways of combining
- Searching - goes through the solution to two
problems, discussing some interesting algorithms and techniques along
- Object-oriented Programming
- Modularity - deals with the process of
- Regular Expressions - a language for
describing patterns in strings. They form a small, separate language,
- Web programming: A crash course - a quick,
superficial introduction to the various
elements that make the web work, and the way they relate to
- The Document-Object Model
- Browser Events
- HTTP requests
The book has been translated into French, German, and
This version is released under an open source license.
Dr. Axel Rauschmayer explains how the combination of
several technologies and opportunities in the past 15 years turned
look at proposed new features and fixes in the next version,
an integrated IDE.
three angles: the past, the present, and the future.
Free registration is required to download the book.
Design patterns are reusable solutions to commonly occurring problems
- Learn the structure of design patterns and how they
- Understand different pattern categories, including
creational, structural, and behavioral
- Walk through classical and modern design patterns in
- Use several options for writing modular
code—including the Module pattern, Asyncronous Module Definition (AMD),
- Discover design patterns implemented in the jQuery
- Learn popular design patterns for writing
maintainable jQuery plug-ins
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0
This article is divided into three parts:
Last Updated Sunday, March 17 2013 @ 05:26 AM EST