Graylog2 is an open source log management solution
implementation that stores
your logs in ElasticSearch, an open Source, distributed, RESTful,
search engine built on top of Apache Lucene.
It consists of a server written in Java
that accepts your syslog messages via TCP or UDP and stores it in the
database. The second part is a Ruby on Rails web interface that allows
you to view the log messages.
The web interface uses Ruby On Rails, the server is
written in Java.
Graylog2 has been in development since May 2010.
- Web interface:
- Search and filter data
- Streams - saved searces that allow you to quickly access
an overview that is pre-filtered
- Get alerts when the amount of new log messages reaches a
- Create streams for every API consumer and quickly filter
errors of certain consumers
- Send a log message for every activity a user performs in
- Accepts standard syslog via TCP/UDP and GELF via
- Send in both formats via AMQP (AMQP Docs)
- Graylog Extended Log Format (GELF)
- Libraries and log appenders for Ruby,
PHP, Python, Perl/Log4Perl, Java/Log4j (gelf4j,
gelfj), Log4r, .NET/log4net, node.js, NLog,
Logback plugin, resque, systemd, and Rack
- Handles hundreds of millions of log events and terabytes of
to Log Analyzers Home Page
Last Updated Sunday, December 23 2012 @ 02:24 AM EST