Kabikaboo is an open source simple tree-branch note
organizer. It is designed to be used to help aid in the writing of a
book or complex project. With this software, users can plan out their
story, plot, and characters. Kabikaboo aims to make the author's life
easier by providing a way to edit and organize a collection of
related text files. The program can be used to plan a series
books, technical manuals, software projects, or anything that
would benefit from tree-based text organization.
Kabikaboo is not meant to create a formatted document - you should use AbiWord,
OpenOffice, LaTeX or some other editor for that purpose.
- Very simple to use
- Recursive viewing feature allows one to see any section of
- Offers an overview of all the children or grandchildren of
any given node in the tree, for reference
- Tabbed notebook allows users to keep track of the most
recently opened nodes, easing movement within a large tree
- Bookmarks which help you jump back to your
- Spellcheck: automatic spellcheck engine utilizing Enchant
- Visits: three different automatic lists of visited nodes
- Export: any node, recursively or not, to text or html, for
- Import: your big text files and auto-split them into nodes.
- Statistics: word count with real time updates
to Writing Tools Home Page
Last Updated Sunday, September 22 2013 @ 08:12 AM EDT