htop is an open source interactive and real time process
monitoring application similar to the venerable top utility. With htop,
you can scroll the list vertically and horizontally to see all
processes and their full command lines.
Tasks related to processes (killing, renicing) can be done
without entering their PIDs.
Unlike top, htop provides a full list of processes running,
of the top resource-consuming processes. htop uses color and gives
visual information about processor, swap and memory status.
This application is written in C and uses the ncurses library.
- View processes by user or sort by memory usage, processor
usage, and more
- Color schemes
- Tree view
- Uptime, load average meters
- Scroll the list vertically and horizontally to see all
processes and complete command lines
- Kill a process without typing the process number
- Renice a process without typing the process number or
- Support for mouse operation
- Displays separate processors/processor cores
- Split CPU meters into two or four columns
- Support for UTF-8 tree drawing
- Incremental filtering
- Support for "steal"/guest CPU time measurement in
- Integrated lsof
- Battery meter
- Linux-VServer support
- List files used by a process
- Unicode support
to Alternatives to the Top Utility Home Page | Return
to Console Process Viewers Home Page
Last Updated Sunday, August 17 2014 @ 08:12 AM EDT