Bangarang is an open source multimedia player with a
lightweight interface for KDE. The name comes from the
Jamaican word for noisy, chaos or disorder.
This application integrates with the Nepomuk Social Semantic
Desktop, supports command line arguments, can
play CDs and DVDs and audio streams. It also has basic keyboard
shortcuts and allows users to manually manage playlists.
Bangarang uses the TMDb API.
- Simple interface
- Play music, movies, TV shows, audio/video feeds, audio
streams, audio/video clips, and CDs/DVDs
- Recently Played, Highest Rated and Frequently Played lists
- Droplists with autocompletion when editing Artist, Albums,
Genre, Actors, etc. in Info View
- Plasma desktop widgets with MPRIS support
- Integration with KDE's Nepomuk semantic desktop
- ownCloud support
- Drag drop of folders on playlist recursively adds media
to Audio Players Home Page
Last Updated Sunday, April 27 2014 @ 10:39 AM EDT