Fossil is an open source distributed version control system,
bug tracking system and wiki software server for use in software
development. Fossil does not require a central server to function.
Content is stored using a SQLite database.
Fossil is used for version control by the SQLite project,
which is itself a component of Fossil. Fossil is a single
self-contained programe written in the C programming language.
- Robust and lightweight in operation
- Bug Tracking
- Web-based graphical user interface
- Autosync mode to remove the need to fork and merge
- Simple HTTP with proxy support for network communications
- CGI enabled
- Immutable artifacts
- Works with repository files (a database with the project's
complete history) and with checked-out local trees
- Supports embedded documentation
- Built-in wiki
- Simple, well-defined, enduring file format
to Issue Tracking Systems Home Page
Last Updated Friday, May 18 2012 @ 06:57 PM EDT