BaconReader is an intuitive, slick, feature-packed client
for reddit, made specifically for Android users.
This application sports an exceptionally clean interface that is
well polished and thought out.
There is a paid app that removes the advertisements.
- Intuitive interface
- Jump to subreddits without going to a new screen
- Search for new subreddits based on name or keyword and
subscribe to them
- Full user profiles with karma, trophies, and more
- Share directly from photos, web sites and more
- Color-coded comment threads
- Keyword and domain filtering
- Subreddit management
- Fully featured inbox
- Rageface and look of disapproval support
- Filter by: What's hot, new, rising, top, controversial, and
- Theme support: turn the 'lights' off
- Domain blacklist
- Keyword blacklist
- Hide posts after they have been read
- Notifications: Notify on new messages, notify on post
& comment replies, blink LED, vibrate, ringtone
- Supplied with a widget
BaconReader is a light, attractive
that organizes content exceptionally well. It is the app's interface
that makes it stand out from the crowd. BaconReader offers a much
enhanced experience than browsing the reddit.com website directly.
Unfortunately, the ad bar
detracts from the clean interface, and is naturally more intrusive on
Android devices with smaller screens.
to Reddit Tools Home Page
Last Updated Saturday, May 12 2012 @ 04:40 AM EDT