In March 2011 some of the FFmpeg developers forked the
project under the name "Libav".
Libav is a complete,
cross-platform solution to record, convert and stream audio and video.
It includes libavcodec - the leading audio/video codec library.
One of the components of libav is avconv, a fast open source video and
audio converter that can also grab from a live audio/video source. The
command-line tool can also convert between arbitrary sample rates and
resize video on the fly with a high quality polyphase filter.
Besides avconv, the libav-tools package offers the avplay
multimedia player, the avserver streaming server, and the avprobe
stream analyzer. The tooks support most existing file
formats (AVI, MPEG, OGG, Matroska, ASF...) and encoding formats (MPEG,
DivX, MPEG4, AC3, DV...).
| avconv 11.1
Free to download
GNU LGPL v2.1 or higher
- Grabs video and audio
- Can also grab the X11 display
- Convert from one audio and video format to another format
in real time
- Streams several formats at several bit rates and
- Handles thousands of concurrent users
- Uses the HTTP protocol to be compatible with all major
players including Icecast (aka mpg123, xmms, winamp), MTV (to play
streaming MPEG video and audio), "Real" compatible players and Windows
- Allows time shifting of live streams
- One instance can stream from multiple live
encoding sources and/or multiple static files
- avprobe tool
- VorbisComment writing for FLAC, Ogg FLAC and Ogg Speex files
- Video filters: blackframe, bloxblur, copy, crop,
cropdetect, delogo, drawbox, drawtext, fade, fieldorder, fifo, format,
frei0r, gradfun, hflip, hqdn3d, lut, lutrgb, lutyuv, negate, null, ocv,
overlay, pad, pixdesctest, scale, select, setdar, setpts, setsar,
settb, showinfo, slicify, transpose, unsharp, vflip, and yadif
- Picks the "best" stream of each type present in input files
and add them to each output file
to Transcoders Home Page
Last Updated Saturday, December 13 2014 @ 02:58 PM EST