Act 1 Video Player
Act 1 Video Player is a video player for the Android platform
developed by HyperAware.
- Playlists. Play an entire folder of videos or make a custom
list (with random play)
- Thumbnails (only on devices with Android 2.0 or newer)
- Video zoom options (aspect, full, custom, none)
- SRT subtitle support
- Bookmarks (up to 20 slots available for each video)
- A-B repeat
- Home screen shortcuts to videos and playlists
- Play videos in the background. This option detaches the
the screen, allowing you to switch to other apps or turn off the screen
while it continues to play
- Video sharing (via messaging, email, bluetooth)
- On-screen clock, timer, and battery meter
- Seeking by seekbar, screen gestures, trackball, and D-pad.
Gestures are particularly well implemented
- Screen brightness and button brightness controls (buttons
on Froyo only)
- Resume points remembered for all your videos
- Video sorting and grouping options
- Delete/rename videos
- Stream videos (limited support)
- Sleep timer (choose the number of minutes)
- Lock screen
- Screen off mode to save battery (handy if you want to
listen to your video for a period)
- Use Act 1 as the video player for the Android Camcorder
- Haptic Feedback
Act 1 Video Player is a souped up version of the stock Android
player. It only supports video formats that are already supported by
the device, but adds lots of functionality not included in the stock
player. Consequently, many of the files we tested could not be run
directly with Act 1 Video Player, and needed to be converted into a
different format. This is a huge disadvantage; re-encoding video is
time consuming even on a quad core desktop machine, and wastes hard
disk space having to store different versions of the same video files.
Generally speaking, playback of video files was a much
experience on a Samsung Galaxy S2 than on a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.
With the latter devices, many video files were unwatchable with Act 1
Video Player due to the video being jerky. On the former, there were a
number of lip sync problems.
Act 1 Video Player does not mask the Honeycomb task bar, which
further reason why it is hard to recommend this player to
watch video on a tablet.
Whilst this app has a good feature set, it
is hard to recommend when compared with the competition.
to Video Players Home Page
Last Updated Sunday, October 02 2011 @ 03:14 AM EDT