DroidFish is a port of the famous and very strong Stockfish
chess engine to the Android platform. Stockfish is an open-source UCI
chess engine based on Glaurung. Stockfish has an ELO rating in excess
of 3200 and is comparable to commercial engines such as Naum and Rybka.
The DroidFish software contains the Stockfish chess engine, a
graphical user interface and an opening book code
which is derived from CuckooChess and the CuckooChess engine.
On a Samsung Gaxaxy S2 smartphone, Droidfish can often search
more than 250,000 nodes per second with 20 ply making full use of the
dual core processor.
- Small internal book. To use a larger book, DroidFish can be
configured to use external polygot or CTG (Chessbase book)
- Analyze mode with Multi-PV mode
- Two player mode
- Edit board
- PGN import/export/edit
- Finely adjustable playing strength
- One Touch Moves
- Color themes
- Animated moves
- Pondering mode - let the engine think will waiting for the
- Scid DB support using "Scid on the go"
- Variable maximum book length from 5 moves to unlimited
- Option to prefer book moves marked as main moves
- Tournament mode where moves marked as not for tournament
play are disregarded by the engine
- Show book hints
- Highly configurable
- Use arrows to display moves on the chess board
- Play sound when computer makes a move
- Support for dual core processors
Droidfish is an Android port of the
Stockfish 2.1 chess engine, one of the strongest chess engines.
Droidfish is not just for chess masters as its finely tuned difficulty
settings makes it a great chess client, engine and analysis
tool for chess players of all levels.
to Chess Home Page
Last Updated Wednesday, September 25 2013 @ 03:16 PM EDT