Navit is a car navigation system with routing engine.
Its modular design is capable of using vector maps of various
routing and rendering of the displayed map. It's even possible to use
multiple maps at a time.
The GTK+ or SDL user interfaces are designed to work well with
touch screen displays. Points of Interest of various formats are
displayed on the map.
The current vehicle position is either read from gpsd or
directly from NMEA GPS sensors.
The routing engine not only calculates an optimal route to
your destination, but also generates directions and even speaks
to you using speech-dispatcher.
- Can read the vehicle's current position:
- directly from a file
- from gpsd (local or remote)
- from upd server (friends tracking)
- Calculates an optimal route to a destination using a
- Generates directions
- Speaks to you using espeak
- Supports the following map formats:
- Australian OSM extract
- European maps
- Garmin maps
- US/Tiger maps
- Other maps
- Speaks 49 languages
to GPS Tools Home Page
Last Updated Saturday, April 13 2013 @ 05:19 PM EDT