Sigil is an easy to use multi-platform WYSIWYG ebook editor.
It is designed
to edit books in ePub format.
Sigil provides an advanced editing environment for EPUB books.
The main user interface (UI) is built around a tabbed central editing
view-space and a Book Browser to the left. You double-click files in
the Book Browser with your mouse, and an editing (or display) tab is
added to the main pane. These tabs can then be closed, reordered or
Sigil presents a file-focused editing environment. You can
every XHTML file and edit it in a WYSIWYG manner in the Book View, or
edit the code directly in the Code View. You can edit the CSS, XPGT and
other files, and view the images one by one.
- Intuitive user interface
- WYSIWYG editing
- Full EPUB 2 spec support
- Full UTF-16 support
- Multiple Views: Book View, Code View and Split View
- Metadata editor with full support for all possible metadata
entries (more than 200) with full descriptions for each
- Table Of Contents editor
- Multi-level TOC support
- Book View fully supports the display of any XHTML document
possible under the OPS spec
- SVG support
- Basic XPGT support
- Advanced automatic conversion of all imported documents to
- Imports TXT, HTML and EPUB files
- Embedded HTML Tidy
- Full Unicode support: everything you see in Sigil is in
to e-book Tools Home Page | Return
to Writing Tools Home Page
Last Updated Monday, May 25 2015 @ 07:44 AM EDT