Python Robotics (Pyro) is a collection of classes.
The goal of the project is to provide a programming environment for
easily exploring advanced topics in artificial intelligence and
robotics without having to worry about the low-level details of the
Pyro wraps Player (and other robot clients) in Python code,
and handles the communication between Python and whatever server is
running (Stage, some other simulator, or hardware server).
Pyro was the co-winner of the Premier Award for Excellence in
Engineering Educational Courseware.
- Designed for students, faculty and researchers
- Works on many real robotics platforms and simulators
- Modules include:
- Control methods
- Vision (motion tracking, blobs, etc)
- Learning (neural networks, reinforcement learning,
self-organizing maps, etc)
- Evolutionary algorithms
- Supports the following robots:
- Pioneer family (Pioneer, Pioneer2, PeopleBot robots)
- Khepera family (Khepera, Khepera 2 and Hemisson robots)
to Robotics Home Page
Last Updated Saturday, April 13 2013 @ 04:41 PM EDT