The Password Gorilla is open source software that helps users
manage their logins. In its database, it stores user names and
passwords, together with login information and
other notes, in a secure encrypted file. A single 'master password'
is used to protect the file.
To log in to a service or Web site, the Password
Gorilla copies your user name and password to the clipboard, so that
easily paste it into your Web browser or other application. As
the password does not appear on the screen, Password Gorilla is safe
to use in the presence of others.
The convenience of Password Gorilla allows you to choose
different, non-intuitive passwords for each service. An integrated
password generator can provide one-time passwords, tunable to various
Password Gorilla is a Tcl/Tk application which is based on the
"Password Safe" program.
| PG 184.108.40.206
Free to download
GNU GPL v2
- Groups - organises your logins into a tree structure, so
that users can arrange logins by category
- Manages the following information for each login: Group,
Title, URL, Username, Password, and Notes
- Password database is encrypted using a master password
(using the peer-reviewed and accepted Twofish algorithm)
- Password Safe 3 encryption format
- Variable key stretching - protect a database against
- Checksums to detect tampering or truncation
- Export password database to a plain text file
- Unicode support
to Password Managers Home Page
Last Updated Monday, May 25 2015 @ 07:09 AM EDT