Spacewalk is open source systems management software developed
by Red Hat. It is the upstream version of the RHN Satellite Server,
including the web interface and back-end, as well as RHN Proxy Server
and associated client software.
Spacewalk provides provisioning and monitoring capabilities.
It enables you to kickstart systems, as well as to manage and deploy
configuration files. Spacewalk's monitoring feature allows you to view
monitoring status for your systems alongside their software update
status. Spacewalk also has virtualization capabilities to enable you to
provision, control, manage, and monitor virtual Xen guests.
Spacewalk works with RHEL, Fedora, and other RHEL
derivative distributions like CentOS, Scientific Linux, etc.
- Inventory your systems (hardware and software information)
- Install and update software on your systems
- Collect and distribute your custom software packages into
- Provision (kickstart) your systems
- Provision and start/stop/configure virtual guests
- Distribute content across multiple geographical sites in an
- Manage and deploy configuration files to your systems
- Monitor your systems
to Server Provisioning Home Page | Return
to Network Inventory Management Home Page
Last Updated Friday, July 03 2015 @ 04:50 AM EDT