Ark is an archive utility within the KDE environment.
Ark manages various archive formats, including tar, gzip,
bzip2, lha, rar and zip.
for certain archive formats depends on
the appropriate command-line programs being installed. It can be used
to browse, extract, create, and modify archives.
| Ark 2.19
Free to download
Part of the kdeutils package
GNU GPL v2
Helio Chissini de Castro, Georg Robbers, Henrique
Pinto, Roberto Selbach Teixeira, Robert Palmbos, Francois-Xavier
Duranceau, Corel Corporation
- Acts as a frontend to command-line archivers.
It works with many backends, including 7z,
tar, rar , zip, gzip, bzip2, lha, zoo, and ar
- Integration into Dolphin and Konqueror, through KParts
technology, if the Konqueror plugin from the kdeaddons package is
- Support for editing files in archive with external
programs. Files can also be deleted from the archive
- Archives creation with drag and drop
- Advanced batch mode to manage archives without launching
the graphical user interface.
This mode allows users to extract or create archives and add files to
to Archive Managers Home Page
Last Updated Sunday, April 20 2014 @ 05:27 AM EDT